Trump takes brutal shot at ‘little boy’ JD Vance as he hints at who his 2028 successor will be

Donald Trump revisited the recent as:sass:ination attempt against him in his speech

The POTUS Donald Trump referred to his vice-president JD Vance as a ‘little boy’ to a laughing audience of law enforcement officials on Monday (May 11). The US president made the eyebrow-raising remark when he was discussing the assassination attempt against him last month at the White House Correspondents’ dinner. On April 25, the suspected attacker – identified as Cole Tomas Allen, 31 years old, from Torrance, California – stormed past a security checkpoint at the Washington Hilton, allegedly armed with a shotgun, a handgun and multiple kn:ives.

Donald Trump and other senior-ranking officials were whisked away in a matter of seconds by the Secret Service, including JD Vance, who was hurled out of his chair to safety.

Speaking in the White House Rose Garden this week, Trump thanked the Security Service for their swift handling of what happened.

“I thought you did a great job two weeks ago. You know why? Because I’m here,” he said.

Trump continued to describe the moment that JD was ‘lifted’ out of his chair by the agents, asking why they didn’t lift him so fast too.

“But I will be the one to find fault if I think there was fault,” he added. “They had great professional people, and they came out, and within seconds, I saw them take JD by the shoulders and lift him up like he was a little boy.

“I said, ‘How come they didn’t lift me up so fast?’ JD got ripped out of the chair, that was the view of the week.”

Take a listen here:

Trump also spoke about his 2028 successor, suggesting it could be either Vance or Marco Rubio, with both being popular among voters.

“Who likes JD Vance? Who likes Marco Rubio?” Trump asked.

“Is it gonna be JD? Is it gonna be someone else? I don’t know.”

Also, Trump described them as the ‘dream team’ adding: “By the way, I do believe that’s a dream team, but these are minor details.

“That does not mean you have my endorsement under any circumstance. But you know… I think it sounds like presidential candidate and vice presidential candidate.”

Trump didn’t elaborate on who out of Vance and Rubio sounded more like the presidential rather than vice presidential candidate.

It’s also not entirely clear if Rubio would run, after he told Vanity Fair last year: “If JD Vance runs for president, he’s going to be our nominee, and I’ll be one of the first people to support him.”

In the mean time, Trump has also floated the idea of serving for a third term, telling TIME last year: “I’d rather not discuss that now, but as you know, there are some loopholes that have been discussed that are well known.

“But I don’t believe in loopholes. I don’t believe in using loopholes.”

Rod Stewart’s Bold Comments About Trump Ignite Buzz Over Sh0cking Words

Before Rod Stewart’s recent remark became the newest topic of online debate, he was not the only major celebrity whose comments about Donald Trump had drawn attention.

In May 2025, well-known figures such as Bruce Springsteen and Robert De Niro had already caused strong reactions online after openly criticizing Trump and his administration.

Springsteen’s criticism helped set the tone before Stewart’s own bold comment made headlines. On May 14, 2025, Springsteen spoke critically about Trump during a concert in Manchester, England, while opening his “Land of Hope and Dreams” tour with the E Street Band.

During the show, Springsteen told the audience that the America he loved—the country he had written about for decades as a symbol of hope and freedom—was now, in his view, being led by a corrupt and dangerous administration. He also urged people who believed in democracy to raise their voices against authoritarianism and defend freedom.

His comments quickly spread online and sparked divided reactions. Some people criticized him for speaking against an American president while overseas, with a few even suggesting he should leave the country. Others defended him, praising him for using his platform and saying more artists should speak out.

Springsteen had previously supported Kamala Harris and Tim Walz in the 2024 election, describing them as candidates who represented a more inclusive vision for the country. He also said he strongly opposed Trump and JD Vance, arguing that Trump’s attitude toward democracy, the Constitution, the rule of law, and the peaceful transfer of power made him unfit for office.

Although Trump ultimately won the election, Springsteen has continued to speak publicly about his concerns, encouraging Americans to think seriously about the values that once united the nation.

Before Springsteen’s remarks drew major attention, Robert De Niro had also reignited political discussion with a speech at the Cannes Film Festival. On May 13, 2025, De Niro accepted an honorary Palme d’Or for lifetime achievement and used the moment to speak about politics as well as art.

While accepting the award, De Niro said that people in the United States were fighting to protect democracy. He connected the arts with democratic values, arguing that creativity and free expression are threatening to authoritarian figures.

He also criticized Trump’s role in cultural institutions and objected to policies affecting the arts, humanities, education, and film. De Niro said the issue was not only American but global, urging people who care about liberty to organize, protest peacefully, and vote when elections come.

As expected, his speech sparked mixed reactions online. Some viewers praised his courage and called the speech powerful, while others accused him of being disrespectful or out of touch. The divide reflected how politically charged celebrity comments about Trump had become.

Then Rod Stewart entered the conversation in a very different setting.

Unlike Springsteen at a concert or De Niro at a film festival, Stewart made his comment while greeting King Charles III at A King’s Trust 50th Anniversary Celebration at Royal Albert Hall in London on May 11, 2026. Stewart attended the event alongside fellow rock icon Ronnie Wood.

A video from the event showed Stewart shaking hands with King Charles while Wood stood nearby. At first, the interaction appeared formal and polite. Then Stewart made a bold comment praising the King for how he handled matters involving the Americas, before adding a sharp insult aimed at Trump.

The clip quickly circulated online because of the setting, the person Stewart was speaking to, and the casual way the moment happened. A longer version showed Stewart, King Charles, and Wood continuing their conversation afterward, which only made viewers more curious about the exchange.

Online reactions came quickly. Some people found Stewart’s remark funny, saying that at his age he could say whatever he wanted. Others felt the comment placed King Charles in an awkward position, especially because royal conversations are usually expected to remain diplomatic and restrained.

Some viewers also connected Stewart’s remark to Springsteen’s earlier criticism, suggesting that both musicians had become part of the same wider celebrity backlash against Trump.

In the end, Stewart’s words became viral not only because of what he said, but because of where he said it and who was standing in front of him. The image of Stewart smiling, Ronnie Wood standing nearby, and King Charles caught in the middle gave the moment the kind of visual drama that people online love to analyze frame by frame.

 

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *